Saturday, October 17, 2015

Day 290

I very much enjoyed my solo visit with my fam jam.  We had a delightful time catching up and just being us. Loved it.  And we couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day than today.  The sun was shining and the fall colours were glorious.  We enjoyed a lovely walk at Trenton park.  What a gem!  Can't wait to take the kids there next Thanksgiving! 

For our meals we enjoyed suppers that Marko wouldn't like, such as seafood chowder and borecole with sausages.  Marko doesn't like seafood and can't stand the smell of kale cooking--borecole is a dutch dish of cooked kale and mashed potatoes with a side of dill pickles.  I love it and it's a great fall comfort food. 

And while I was away, the kids and Marko had things to eat that I wouldn't like such as a peanut butter cookie dough smash blizzard from Dairy Queen and a java chip frappuccino from Starbucks.  I love peanut butter and I love chocolate, but I cannot stand the two of them together.

While it was grand to go away it was ever so nice to come home to my own little fam jam.  This is my circus and they are my monkeys and I love them to bits!

And now for pictures of fall foliage at Trenton Park:





No comments: