Friday, January 15, 2016

Playdates are Great!

The kids and I scrambled to get our cleaning done this morning.  It didn't help that I woke up not feeling the best.  Once we had breakfast and got Marko off to work, I went back to bed.  At first I felt guilty but reminded myself it's important for the kids to have a healthy mom and not a stressed out mom.  And I gave myself permission to rest.  It was the best thing I could have done.  I felt so much better afterwards.

We were just finishing lunch when the MacGregors showed up.  The kids were wildly excited to see each other again and it was apparent that a trip to the great outdoors to burn off some of their excitement was in order.  I thought we might get 10 or 15 minutes out of them but they played and played.  Levi even joined in on the fun.

Jackie and I drank our coffee and talked and talked and got caught up on all our happenings.  I got hot chocolate made for the kids and they came in while I got Levi tucked into bed for his nap.  Then it was popcorn and movie time.

It was a great afternoon!

We were so busy talking that I didn't stop to take a picture.  So, here we have our bowl of fruit!


No comments: