Wednesday, February 03, 2016

Colds and Homeschooling

Poor Nate came home this morning from his sleepover at Grammie's just full of the cold.  He barely spoke to me, just headed upstairs to bed.  I've never seen him this rough. He's such a vibrant chatty little guy and to see him quiet and sullen is so strange.  Even at suppertime he was still not himself and camped out on the couch.  I came in to check on him and he asked me if I'd carry him upstairs, the poor little guy... I did take him upstairs and tucked him into bed.  By the time I came up to put Levi to bed he was fast asleep.  Hopefully the rest does him a lot of good and he's feeling better tomorrow.

We finished reading The Mysterious Education of Nicholas Benedict today.  The kids loved it. Once we were finished the kids wanted to play charades about the book which was a good bit of fun. We covered Literature and Drama with that.  Sean went in for an Engineering project and dismantled an old lamp.  He loves to tinker and completely enjoyed this task.  Later the kids helped fold laundry and then watched an episode of MythBusters and that covers Home Ec with a small side of Science.  And just before bedtime Daddy taught Sean about communism which means we can call that Political Science covered. Not everything has to be done on paper for it be a benefit to learning!

 My poor little Nator Gator.

Still such a sweetie pie.

No comments: