Friday, February 19, 2016

Such a Great Day!

 And we needed it!  The past couple of days have been less than stellar, so today was pretty special.  We all worked hard to clean the house and I even got to work on some areas that haven't been done in awhile which was nice.  And while I puttered inside the kids took a twenty minute break to play outside.  Afterwards Emma-Lyn and I baked chocolate chip cookies.  Everyone helped to taste test them--they were perfect!

After quiet time we had some spontaneous creative time.  I wanted to make one last thing for my secret sister before the big reveal this evening so we had fun with mod podge and mason jars.  For our first group of jars we put some blue food colouring in the mod podge and then brushed it on.  Then we grabbed some different pretty paper and tore them into pieces and glued those on.

We were just finishing that up when Daddy came home from work early...I could get used to these early Fridays for Marko!!  The kids and I bundled up and headed out for adventure!  We were off to Poverty Beach to look for seals.  We didn't find any but we all had such a great time while we were there!  I don't know what it is about the beach, whether it's the sound of the waves, the salty sea air, the expansive view but I just LOVE being there!  And the kids are so at home there too.  It was so exhilarating, refreshing and calming.  I need to find me some beach front property!

By the time we got back to the house Marko had supper on and we enjoyed it immensely. Shortly after that I was heading out the door for the secret sister get together.  I received a lovely bracelet  and earrings.  Love the ladies from my church!  The night was still young when that wrapped up so it was off to one of my besties' house for a long overdue visit.  Denise and I had a lovely time chatting and sipping our chai tea before it was time for me to finally head home for the night.

Just some shots from Poverty Beach.




No comments: