Monday, March 28, 2016

Easter Monday

We slept in...it was delightful.  We had a late breakfast and then we all went to the grocery store and I picked up some hot cross buns.

After lunch and some of those yummy hot cross buns we played a round of Ticket To Ride Europe.  I was utterly trounced.  I must admit I was a less than gracious loser.  I thought I'd get at least my longest ticket made but Marko triggered end game and I still wasn't ready to finish it along with a couple other tickets.  The kids enjoyed the game and then played with Lego while I finished up our yummy pot roast dinner.

Nate and I went on a date to Pizza Delight after which the kids worked on a little video that included such things as a weather forecast, some jokes and wobbly camera work.

And this is my current reading material. I'm really enjoying the information in this book, it definitely sheds light on the 19th century in England.  And I love that as I learn new things, I'll stop and do a little additional research to find out more.  A fun and fascinating book!

The title is, What Jane Austen Ate and Charles Dickens Knew From Fox Hunting to Whist- the Facts of Daily Life in 19th-Century England. By Daniel Pool

No comments: