Thursday, March 17, 2016

Island Hill Farm Visit

Today the kids and I as well as other homeschool families got to tour the Island Hill Farm.  It is a lovely place!  I loved the decorations and the owners were delightful and knowledgeable.

 Poor Levi  just kept falling over so I spent a lot of time picking him up and dusting him off. And he kept trying to feed the animals and for some reason he kept pestering one little girl who did not enjoy his attention in the least.

Unfortunately for me, in our rush to get out the door I hadn't dressed for the weather.  And it was ever so cold in the barns.  We lasted an hour and we had all had our fill.  Thankfully our lovely friend Joan and her son invited us to have lunch at their place.  We gladly agreed and basked in the wonderful warmth of their home.

Levi experienced more warmth than he bargained for when he accidentally touched their wood stove.  We quickly got his finger under cold water and kept him as comfortable as possible.  He has a little blister but I think he'll be fine. He's napping now and I'll check his finger when he wakes up.

Sean is off curling and we have Awana tonight.  Looking forward to putting my feet up and sipping a hot chocolate tonight once the kids are in bed!

 Loved this chandelier in the chicken coop!

 Such a cutie pie.
 Loved the juxtaposition of the chandelier and cobwebs

 Sean and a sweet little bunny.

 Such a festive feel.

 Levi and an alpaca.

 So many goats!


2 comments:

Nelleke Plouffe said...

It was a lot of fun! I don't think I said hello to you. :) Josiah and I wore rubber boots, which turned out to be a mistake. We managed to leave before anyone had a complete meltdown, though, so it was good.

mama caplan said...

Did you get to be around for feeding time?! It's the best entertainment around!