Friday, April 01, 2016

Jokes, Fun and Surprises!

The kids were pretty pumped this morning knowing that Gramma and Grampa and Auntie Karina and Trooper were coming today.  It was also cleaning day--the kids weren't nearly as pumped about that.  Gramma Hope called last night and we talked about arrival time and she suggested sometime after two in the afternoon.

At 9:30 am Gramma Hope called and said that they had just passed our Superstore in Montague!!  My first response, "NO YOU'RE NOT!"  Not because I knew it was April Fools Day but more because my house was a wreck and I needed more time to clean!  Thankfully this was her little prank for the day.  Still, it shook me up enough that I kept looking out the window expecting to see them pull in the driveway at any moment...

What I didn't expect as I kept peering out the window, was to see my lovely friend Rachel pull up in her van!!  I met her at my door and she had just driven out to drop off a book that I wanted to borrow!! I couldn't believe it!  I was thrilled.  She and her sweet kiddos came in for a playdate which was a fantastic distraction from looking for my folks.

By the end of the visit I was finally convinced that my folks weren't going to just show up on my doorstep and the kids and I worked diligently to get the house up to snuff.

I told the kids that Gramma and Grampa wouldn't be here until four so the kids were ever so thrilled when they showed up a little after two.

We visited for a bit and then they went to get checked into their place at Lane's Cottages.  Marko got home early and it was time to pick a burger for our Burger Love tasting of the day.  We went through our local choices and decided to go with the Main Street Pub's offering of the Big Tex.

We all really enjoyed the burger.  In this burger you will find a 6oz Island Beef Patty, Tex Mex Sauce, Spring Mix Greens, Cheddar Cheese, Bacon, Sautéed Onions, Dill Pickle Slices, Tomato, and Onion Rings on a Toasted Sesame Seed Bun, topped with a Mozza Stick. Nothing too crazy but all kinds of delicious!  Afterwards the adults enjoyed a slice of chocolate eruption while the kiddos enjoyed the desserts that came with their meals.

Once we walked home again the kids went with Auntie Karina and Trooper for a walk.  The rest of us got settled in the living room.  When everyone returned it was time to open the Easter goodies that my family had brought with them.  There was much candy and bubble wands to enjoy. And the surprise ending to the night was when Sean decided to have daddy show off his hula hooping skills which then turned into a hula hoop extravaganza!   I even have video of Gramma hula hooping!!

Such a grand start to a wonderful visit with family!



Did you get pranked today?  My eldest son came running to tell me urgently that there was a clog in our kitchen sink....And this is what I found!
 HA! Well played!

 The kids love playing with Auntie Karina...In this case they were attacking her with their bubble wands.

 Levi loved it!

 And this is the Big Tex. Marko and I always share one burger since often these burgers are bigger than life!

No comments: