Sunday, May 08, 2016

Happy Mother's Day


This morning my kids turned our kitchen into their own little restaurant.  They put a curtain across the doorway and posted sign that read, "Please wait to be seated."  Sean wrote out a menu with boxes to check off our choices. He and Emma-Lyn worked together to get our items ready and then Sean brought it to the table on a tray. Such sweeties!  They gave me homemade cards and a gift card to the local craft shop.

This afternoon we traveled in town and went for a trail walk just outside of Stratford. The kids loved playing with the bulrushes.  We stopped by a pond to watch some Canada geese and then we headed back to the car.

We had a tasty supper at Swiss Chalet.  It was fairly busy but not ridiculous.  The meal was delicious! The waitress gave me a Mother's Day card with a coupon for a free dessert with the purchase of an entree. For dessert tonight we stopped by Starbucks for a caramel waffle cone frappuccino. We stopped at a local park to let the kids go wild before finally heading home.

It was a full day and I am so thankful for my little family!

c
Mr. Levi playing with the bulrushes.

My crazy crew of kids..I love them all!

Clouds and rain over a freshly plowed field.

No comments: