Monday, June 20, 2016

Cleaning and Decluttering

It was just one of those days where I felt like I was just chasing my own tail all day.  I would start one project only to get sidetracked by another project.  Eventually I would find my way back to my original project but not before finding several other things to do in the meantime.  And at the end of the day it's hard to see if it was all that productive.

I did manage to do this:
It may not look like much, but I went through each shelf and purged the books that weren't being used. 

I also spent time helping Emma-Lyn clean her room.  It seems my dear daughter has a propensity for the messy side of life.  I couldn't help but think about the state of my room when I was a kid.  My mom even bought me a poster that read, "It's my mess and I love it!" 

Instead of having everything strewn about the room like I did, Emma-Lyn had things--LOTS of things shoved under her bed and in her closet.  We first had to intensify the mess by pulling it all out in the open before we could start cleaning it up.  We did get through it and now everything is in it's place.  We'll see how long that lasts!


No comments: