Monday, August 01, 2016

L.Y.S.C Day 7

 A bit of an odd picture for the last in my Love Your Spouse Challenge series:

 I took this picture picture because of a moment way back when...

I was the the grade 7/8/9 math, science and phys.ed teacher at Emmanuel Christian School.  Marko's mother was the grade 1/2/3 teacher.  Just about every morning Marko would ride with his mom to school and then get out of the car and back in on the drivers side to drive off to work.  My classroom was downstairs and my windows were level with the parking lot and I could just see his feet as he got out and walked around the car.  And on one of those mornings I happened to peek out and the thought, "I'm gonna marry those feet some day" leapt out at me.  I chastised myself for even thinking that--I hadn't even met him yet!! But hey, sometimes ya just know what ya know, ya know?!

Yesterday we picked up this lovely chair:

 Isn't she a beaut?  I just LOVE this rocking chair and it looks so cozy to me.  We set up the boys room this morning to make room for it.  It's a bit bigger than the old one.  I can see spending more time in the boys' room just to sit in this chair. I think we'll have our read aloud times here.

Today I finished this book:
This was a fantastic book!  I learned a lot and am looking forward to planning next year's homeschool year.  Lots to think about and put into practice both spiritually and academically.  I can see going back to this book and rereading my underlined portions throughout the year. One favourite quote:

 "We have precious children whom the Lord has entrusted to us. We have been given a high calling. Let's use the days and hours we have to make a difference in the lives of children.  Anything less constitutes a waste of the time the Lord has given us. You never know when your time is going to run out.
-- Michael P. Farris The Spritual Power of a Mother

This evening I took this handsome fellow out on his first mommy/son date.

We had ice cream...can ya tell?!!

On our way home we met Marko, Sean and Emma-Lyn heading out for a bike ride. (Nate is at Grammie Peric's for a sleepover.)  They came back to the house and we all geared up and went out on a little bike ride around the neighbourhood.

Once we had the bikes put away the kids came in to get ready for bed.  Levi got settled in his crib with some books and his blanky and the rest of us got settled in the kitchen to play 7 Wonders.  The kids did a great job and had a lot of fun playing the game.  I had fun and won!  Great way to cap off a great day.

1 comment:

Melinda Johnson said...

oh my goodness! what a cute story about your feet! LOVE it! Great rocker, too! precious little boy as well!