Wednesday, September 21, 2016

A Tough Day For Our Island


As we were happily working away during our homeschool day I got a call from my friend Denise.  We've been coordinating a field trip together and I assumed the call was about that and it was, but she also informed me that all Island schools were being evacuated due to a bomb threat.



 I could hardly believe it.  Things like that just haven't happened here.  When I hung up the phone I gazed at my children--thankful that I knew where they were and how they were doing.  I could only imagine how hard it must have been for many Island parents when they got the news.  How scared they must have felt and how relieved when their children were home safe and sound. 

We stopped our homeschool day to pray.  We prayed for the families, for the schools and for the police. I am thankful that everything worked out and that families are home safe and sound.

Mr. Levi working at the easel with his cookie in hand!

No comments: