Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Intensive Potty Training Time

Up until today potty training has not been going all that well.  Levi would happily go to the potty and sit for a bit but that was it. He seemed interested but just couldn't figure out what he was supposed to do while he was there.

After talking with Denise last night, it seemed it might be time to try the intensive training.  This meant bringing the potty to the kitchen, making sure he ate some salty foods so that he would drink more and hopefully pee in the potty.

This also meant that I needed to prepare some school work for everyone else that they could do on their own or with the help from each other. I photocopied some different worksheets and set them up on their clipboards so that they could work in the living room while Levi and I hung out in the kitchen.

I am happy to report that we had success!  And Levi was ever so pleased with himself! Lots of squealing and hollering, "I DID IT, I DID IT!!"  We had a few accidents but he does seem to be getting it.

The last thing the older kids had to do for me was build a scene from our study of Canadian history.

Can you guess which special moments in time these are?:

Emma-Lyn's scene:




Nate's scene:


Sean's scene:

No comments: