Sunday, April 02, 2017

Sunday School and Summerside

 I love working with my Sunday school class.  Right now we're working on a little project called, The Journey to Resurrection Sunday. We've already worked on the Triumphal Entry, the Lord's Supper and today we did the Garden of Gethsemane and the Trial.

 For each session I'll read our Bible verses pertaining to the event and then the children do a craft.  I follow this up with a little vignette/scene for them to see of the event.  While they look in on the scene I'll reread the segment from the Bible.  I think the children are enjoying it and today I got to share today's lesson with children from all of our Sunday School classes.  This may sound like a lot, but there were just six students varying in ages from 4 to 12.  I was thrilled with how well they all listened and participated.
 This was our scene of the Garden of Gethsemane.  You can see Jesus' praying hands and the swords and clubs of the multitude that came for him.  I then lead the class to the courtyard and council's judgement:
 We huddled around the fire like Peter and heard of his denial and result of Jesus' trial.

This afternoon after a quick lunch we were on our way to Summerside for a wake and we thought it might be nice to try one of the burgers from the west end of the Island.  We tried to connect with friends but to no avail and we almost didn't manage to grab a burger.  We did have to make our way to Kensington to try out the Beauty and the Beef burger from the Family and Friends restaurant.

 This burger has a 6 oz Island Beef Patty with Pepsi-Glaze, Roasted Garlic Cream Cheese & Caramelized Onion Spread, Arugula, Dill Pickle Slices, Apple Matchsticks, Havarti, house-made Bacon Jam, Roasted Red Peppers on a toasted Garlic Buttered Brioche Bun topped with Apple Petal & Cherry Tomato with Pickle Leaf.

It was sooo YUMMMY!!  Marko and I shared it but we had both thought afterwards we would have enjoyed an entire burger for ourselves as the flavours were so delicious! And the restaurant itself was lovely!  I wish we lived closer so we could try the burger again!!

 So much yumminess!

 And Marko and I shared the fries too!

No comments: