Monday, June 26, 2017

Ladies Retreat Weekend

 What an absolute blessing this past weekend has been!

Things had been pretty busy leading up to this weekend so it was wonderful to be able to get away for a couple of days. I love Emmanuel Bible Camp!  The whole atmosphere is so relaxing and inspiring.

I enjoyed catching up with old friends and meeting new ones. And the sessions with our amazing speaker were just what I needed to hear.  I am so encouraged and convicted by all she had to share. It was definitely a time of renewal and transformation--thank you Barb MacDougall and Romans 12!! 

I was volentold to do a skit and find some friends crazy enough to join me!  I did find some willing victims and what a fun we had!

We played crazy games like human hungry hippos!  Oh my goodness!  This was hilarious! I don't think I've laughed that hard in a long time.  If you don't know what human hungry hippos is just google it!  At one point I was on the scooter board being pushed across the floor when suddenly I got pushed right off the board and unto the floor and the poor lady who was pushing me fell on top of me. I laughed so hard!! Thankfully we were both alright and continued to play the game.

We had a great morning devotion time.  I was so thankful for all that the ladies at my table had to share.  It was great to connect over God's word.  And the music--I just love music and singing.  One of my favourite hymns is, "It Is Well With My Soul" It always nearly brings me to tears, the words are just so inspiring.  And we capped the weekend off by standing in a circle holding hands together and thanking God and praising Him for all that He has done in our lives. Again, hard to hold back the tears of joy and love for God and these amazing ladies.  I cannot wait to return to Emmanuel Bible Camp for next year's retreat!



 Just so peaceful.



Great ladies to hang out with! And yes, there were some men there to cook in the kitchen for us!

And this is my good friend Edith.  She and I look forward to every retreat and our time to getaway and have some fun!  It was her birthday on Saturday so after she went to the showers I blew up some yellow smiley face balloons and stuffed her sleeping bag with them!!  She was ever so pleased!

1 comment:

Phyllis said...

I am so sorry to have missed the Retreat as I have enjoyed it for many years.